JumpStart – VirtualBot
JumpStart – VirtualBot combines the power of digital learning and digital activities with virtual bot (software). JumpStart is a great way for children to learn robotics & programming. It is a unique online course that combines the power of digital teaching and activity-based learning. It is a stepping stone into the world of robotics and visual programming. Robotics as a field is witnessing tremendous innovation and has gained relevance in our day-to-day lives – in our homes, in our surroundings, in factories, etc. The online teaching modules are specially designed to fuel young minds by teaching them the concepts of robotics, how robots are built, components of a robot with a special focus around the sensors we use. The course also takes kids one step ahead by introducing concepts of graphical or block programming, which will help them learn to build a functional robot.
ABOUT VIRTUAL BOT
It is a great tool for programming activities. The virtual bot can be programmed with mBlock software just the same as physical mBot. Please note below minimum system requirement for using mBot virtual bot:
- Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10 | 32 or 64 bits
- Required configuration: 2GB of available memory & graphics card with 3D support
Ultimately, this comprehensive course provides real-world knowledge of how robotics are being used in our day-to-day lives and by the end of this course, your child will have created many programmes and tested in the virtual bot to perform certain actions.
JumpStart is level one of Modo’s BlendEdu curriculum framework
Why Modo’s JumpStart?
- JumpStart has 25 modules, which are well-researched and compiled by educational specialists to provide a comprehensive learning.
- JumpStart is 100% online – which means your child can access the course conveniently anytime, anywhere without losing continuity.
- Every enrollment into the course gets access to a simulator robotic kit (software) for creating projects.
- Block programming is an integral part of JumpStart course – we extensively use globally-recognized child-friendly languages such as Snap or Scratch programming tools.
- Your child will get a dedicated network of specialists to take help from during the course, supported through online chat or telephone or email.
- Lectures 73
- Quizzes 24
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Self
MODULE 1 : Robots and Robotics
MODULE 2 – Types of Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 1 – Types of Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 2 – Home, Humanoid and Entertainment Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 3 – Industrial and Military Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 4 – Medical Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 5 – Space, Autonomous and Hobby Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 6 – Disaster, Telepresence, Underwater and Exoskeleton Robots
- Module 2 Quiz
MODULE 3 – Motors and Controllers
- Module 3 | Lesson 1 – Introduction to Components of a Robot
- Module 3 | Lesson 2 – Hardware and Software
- Module 3 | Lesson 3 – Input and Output devices
- Module 3 | Lesson 4 – Controllers
- Module 3 | Lesson 5 – mCore board Explanation
- Module 3 | Lesson 6 – Movable Parts
- Module 3 | Lesson 7 – Motors
- Module 3 | Activity – Hand Fan
- Module 3 Quiz
MODULE 4 – Sensors Part 1
MODULE 5 – Sensors Part 2
MODULE 6 – Flowchart & Algorithm
MODULE 7 – Circuits and Switches
MODULE 8 – Virtual Bot – Downloading & Installing
MODULE 9 – Introduction to Scratch
MODULE 10 – More on Scratch
MODULE 11 – Using Advanced Blocks in Scratch
MODULE 12 – Introduction to mBlock
MODULE 13 – Concepts of Physics (Part I) & Introduction to RGB LEDs
MODULE 14 – Concepts of Physics (Part 2) & Introduction to Motors (Part 1)
MODULE 15 – Concepts of Physics (Part 3) & Introduction to Motors (Part 2)
MODULE 16 – Relationship between Physics & Robotics & Programming Ultrasonic Sensor (Part 1)
MODULE 17 – Robots on Mars & Programming Ultrasonic Sensor (Part 2)
MODULE 18 – Intro to Drones & Programming the Life Follower Sensor (Part 1)
MODULE 19 – Future of Drones & Programming the Line Follower Sensor (Part 2)
MODULE 20 – Intro to AI & Advanced Programming of LEDs
MODULE 21 – Intro to Autonomous Vehicles & Advanced Programming (Combo-Part 1)
MODULE 22 – Autonomous Cars & Programming with Blocks & Functions
MODULE 23 – Intro to 3D Printing & Advanced Programming (Combo-Part 2)
MODULE 24 – Latest Robots & Advanced Programming (Combo-Part 3)
MODULE 25 – Advanced Programming (Combo-Part 4)