JumpStart – mBot
JumpStart – mBot is a great way for children to learn electronics, robotics & programming. It is a unique online course that combines the power of digital teaching with educational robotic kit for hands-on learning. It is a stepping stone into the world of robotics and visual programming. Robotics as a field has seen tremendous amount of applications around us in the recent times, in households and industries. Through this course, your child will receive access to an exclusive mBot robot kit, which is sourced from a renowned global educational kits manufacturer. The online modules are specially designed to fuel young minds by teaching them to build robots and learn robotics online by introducing them to the components of a robot, with a special focus around the sensor technologies. The course also takes them one step ahead by introducing concepts of block-based programming, which will help them learn to build a functional robot.
Ultimately, this comprehensive course provides real-world knowledge of how robotics are being used in our day-to-day lives and by the end of this course, your child will have built a robot and programmed it to perform certain actions.
Why should your child learn robotics online?
- JumpStart has 25 modules, which are well-researched and compiled by educational specialists to provide a comprehensive learning.
- JumpStart is 100% online – which means your child can access the course conveniently anytime, anywhere without losing continuity.
- Every enrollment into the course either gets access to an educational robotic kit for hands-on learning.
- Block programming is an integral part of JumpStart course – we extensively use globally-recognized child-friendly languages such as Snap! or Scratch programming tools.
- Your child will get a dedicated network of specialists to take help from during the course, supported through online chat or telephone or email.
- Lectures 75
- Quizzes 24
- Skill level JumpStart
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
MODULE 1 : Robots and Robotics
- Introduction to JumpStart Course
- Module 1 | Lesson 1 – Introduction to Robots & Robotics
- Module 1 | Lesson 2 – History of Robotics
- Module 1 | Lesson 3 – Laws of Robotics
- Module 1 | Lesson 4 – Autonomous Vs Controlled Robots
- Module 1 | Lesson 5 – Popular Robots of Today
- Module 1 | Lesson 6 – Human Minds on Robots
- Module 1 Quiz
MODULE 2 – Types of Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 1 – Types of Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 2 – Home, Humanoid and Entertainment Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 3 – Industrial and Military Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 4 – Medical Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 5 – Space, Autonomous and Hobby Robots
- Module 2 | Lesson 6 – Disaster, Telepresence, Underwater and Exoskeleton Robots
- Module 2 Quiz
MODULE 3 - Motors and Controllers
- Module 3 | Lesson 1 – Introduction to Components of a Robot
- Module 3 | Lesson 2 – Hardware and Software
- Module 3 | Lesson 3 – Input and Output devices
- Module 3 | Lesson 4 – Controllers
- Module 3 | Lesson 5 – mCore board Explanation
- Module 3 | Lesson 6 – Movable Parts
- Module 3 | Lesson 7 – Motors
- Module 3 | Activity – Hand Fan
- Module 3 Quiz
MODULE 4 – Sensors Part 1
MODULE 5 – Sensors Part 2
MODULE 6 - Flowchart & Algorithm
MODULE 7 - Circuits and Switches
MODULE 8 – mBot - Unboxing & Assembly
MODULE 9 - Introduction to Scratch
MODULE 10 - More on Scratch
MODULE 11 – Using Advanced Blocks in Scratch
MODULE 12 - Introduction to mBlock
MODULE 13 - Concepts of Physics (Part I) & Introduction to RGB LED in mBot
MODULE 14 - Concepts of Physics (Part 2) & Introduction to Buzzer in mBot
MODULE 15 - Concepts of Physics (Part 3) & Introduction to Motors in mBot
MODULE 16 – Relationship between Physics & Robotics & Programming Light Sensor
MODULE 17 - Robots on Mars & Advanced Programming of the Light Sensor
MODULE 18 - Intro to Drones & Programming the Ultrasonic Sensor (Part 1)
MODULE 19 – Future of Drones & Programming the Ultrasonic Sensor (Part 2)
MODULE 20 – Intro to AI & Programming the Line Follower (Part 1)
MODULE 21 – Intro to Autonomous Vehicles & Programming the Line Follower (Part 2)
MODULE 22 – Autonomous Cars & Programming the LEDs
MODULE 24 – Latest Robots & Programming with Advanced Blocks/Functions
MODULE 25 – Advanced Programming with mBot